Before you purchase any machine you should always check its condition. Verifying the condition of a machine will greatly help you determine the value and whether or not the machine is “work ready.”
Inspection along with Operation – You can physically inspect a machine or you can request detail photos and video to determine the condition. Below are important factors that are VERY important to review:
- Blade/ Ripper- make sure the unit is solid, without structural damage
- Hydraulics – check cylinders, lines, and fittings
- Push Beams- examine for structural weaknesses or repairs
- Roller Frame- check for cracks and welds
- ROPS- check for dents or abnormal wear
- Undercarriage- review overall track condition, examine for any damage, repairs, or abnormal wear
- Clutch/ Brake System- feel if the machine breaks and steers left and right equally and thoroughly.
- Transmission- Check for any unusual noises or vibrations
- Hour Meter – this is not a reliable indicator so always check the condition of the machine
Buying a used bulldozer can be an excellent and inexpensive purchase compared to buying a new one. However, make sure you inspect the machine’s condition extensively before you hand over your money.