The popularity of using an online auction site to sell machines is rapidly increasing. The high level of convenience and risk free consignment agreements make an online auction site an attractive choice for many people trying to dispose of used heavy equipment.
There are many different online auction sites to choose from. The challenge is to find one which would be the most beneficial and offers a turn-key solution for you or your business.
Before choosing which auction site to consign used heavy equipment, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does this site put emphasis on the category of used heavy equipment?
- What are the seller’s premiums? Check to see if there are additional fees.
- What reputation does this auction site have?
- Does the auction site have qualified buyers?
- Will I have to pay for transportation costs?
- Will I have to provide photos and video of my machine?
- How quickly will I receive the payment?
- Do the auction companies provide lien searches?
- Do they do plenty of pre-auction marketing?
- Do they have a global audience?
Do your research. If you cannot find these answers on the company’s website, feel free to contact the company administration staff and ask questions. Make sure you know as much information as possible or it could be a costly decision.