Heavy Equipment Simulators provide a way for operators to gain familiarization and understanding of machine controls prior to jumping on a new piece of equipment they might be unfamiliar with.
Caterpillar Inc has an entire program dedicated to simulator training that offers safety, increases profits and production and tests skills for new hires.
- Practice difficult maneuvers repeatedly until fully mastered
- Experience machine exercises in a safe environment
- Decrease operator anxiety in a controlled environment
- Learn specific safe operating procedures; break bad habits
- Train anytime day or night, regardless of weather conditions
- Reduced owning and operating costs
- Actual machinery is available for production
- Train multiple operators on multiple machines, at the same time
- Possible benefits from lower insurance premiums
- Machine is open for production on jobsites
- Reduced maintenance
- Longer engine life
- Refine skills to improve productivity
- Screen operator hires
- Track operator training performance through built-in testing
- Address ergonomic issues
- Preview motor skill use
For more information, click here to learn more about these programs.